WHAT IS GALL BLADDER?
The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ that rests beneath the right side of the liver. Its main purpose is to collect and concentrate a digestive liquid [bile] produced b the liver .Bile is released from the gallbladder after eating,aiding digestion.Bile travels through narrow tubular channels [bile ducts] into the small intestine. Removal of the gallbladder is not associated with an impairment of digestion in most people.
WHAT CAUSES GALLBLADDER PROBLEMS?
- If the gallstone blocks the common bile duct, jaundice[a yellowing o the skin]can occur.
WHAT PREPARATION IS REQUIRED?
- We usually able you to get admitted on the morning of surgery.
- Preoperative preparation includes blood work, medical evalyation, chest X ray, ECG depending on your age and medicalcondition.
- You are required to provide written consent for surgery.
- It is recommended that you shower the night before or morning of the operation.
- The night before the operation, you should not eat or drink anything expect medications that our team doctors have told you
HOW IS LAPAROSCOPIC GALLBLADDER REMOVAL PERFORMED?
Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal Performed through 3 or 4 small 1cm or 1/2cm incision.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT AFTER LAPROSCOPIC GALL BLADDER SURGERY?
- We encourage walking by evening of surgery.
- Once liquid or a diet is tolerated, we discharge the patients the same day of of day following surgery.
- You can expect to return to normal activities within a week’s time, including driving, walking up stairs, light lifting and working.